Tuesday 2 September 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014 - Time to Leave

2014-09-01

I planned to visit with Louise and my daughter Laura all day, and then head for the Gorge after supper - possibly staying in Calgary with my Brother in-law Monday night.

Somehow, though, after you are packed and ready - it is hard not to leave.  After pacing the house a bunch of times - Louise told me I should just go.

Ted ready to leave - saying good by to Spencer's new puppy "Lady"
 (who has been staying with us the last few weeks)
I headed out before noon, and had a fairly easy drive most of the way.  Being the end of a long weekend, I expected traffic to be heavy - and I wasn't disapointed, particularly between Red Deer and Edmonton, and between Nanton and the BC Boarder - then all of a sudden the traffic was very light.  I guess the guy's that were going home were on their way - and nobody wanted to get home late...  From about 7:00pm on - the traffic was very light.

I had an interesting stop at the Border, where the border guard asked me if I knew that my passport was INVALID....  apparently I hadn't signed it.  I am sure he enjoyed watching me sweat - but he allowed me to sign it and wished me a nice trip...

I pulled in to the Super 8 in Coeur d Alene at about 10:00pm local.  I was very tired and went straight to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment