Wednesday 10 September 2014

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - Get Home Itis...

2014-09-10

Today was truly a no wind day.  Really the first of your trip.  For anyone other than a windsurfer or kiter, it was a beautiful day.  Hot, and sunny.  Everyone was a bit slower this morning - no rush.  Coffee at Dog River, Breakfast at either Bette's or the Hood River Cafe and then shopping as usual.

After breakfast, I packed up and headed home.  I could have waited and sailed Thursday morning, but would have had to leave by noon anyway - and I need to get back to "fix" a few things that seem to have gone sideways at work while I have been away.  And I needed to be back by Saturday at the latest for the grand opening of our new Manluk Aquatic and Fitness Centre.  It  has been a great trip for me with eight days of sailing out of eight.

Just as I was about to head out, Big Air Jim, Brad, Blaine and Mike were  heading out for 18 holes of golf.

I understand Kent and Rene went to the Hatchery to do the Salmon tour and then returned for Frisbee Golf and Table Tennis with the rest of the gang!



As I write this I am in Cranbrook - it is 3 degrees and there were heavy snow warnings in Calgary. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty to leave.

I am already looking forward to our next trip in the spring of 2015!

I told the guy's that if they send me emails or photos of their activities I will post them to keep the blog going to the end of the trip (Likely Friday or Saturday for most of the guy's.)

Ted



No comments:

Post a Comment